Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Ambigrams Designs

What are ambigrams?

Have you watched the movie Angels and Demons starring Tom Hanks, Ewan Mcgregor and Ayelet Zurer? This is where I first encountered the ambigram. If you noticed those rotating calligraphy of earth, wind, water and fire that when looked at in another viewpoint, direction, or orientation the same word or another word is form. Cool, huh?!




I was always fascinated by this kind of art so I started to create original ambigram designs for my t-shirts. And for me and my “Pardsie’s” 7th anniversary, I designed a matching ambigram shirt with a Chibi version of us.

From the wearer’s view, you can still read the word “JhaPet” which is a combined name for Jha (my girlfriend) and Pet (which is me).

We’ve wanted to have a couple shirts but I wanted it to be personalized. Good thing Jha liked it and I am so happy for the end result. We went out with our friends wearing our proud shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers